The project has been done for Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC)
VOMS – Garbage Bin Clearing System
The application is developed for Bhubaneswar government to manage garbage bins across the state. VOMS helps to automate garbage bin reporting system by allowing users to capture current status of the Bin images using mobile phones and GPS/GPRS technologies and upload them onto the portal. And, labourers' attendance can be easily tracked with this.
In general, the Municipal Corporation Sanitary System is usually divided into Zones/Circles/Wards. There would be several Garbage bins placed in each ward by the Municipal Corporation for collecting garbage from respective localities. These Garbage bins will be emptied on a daily basis by dumping the junk in dump yards which are located far away from city. Presently Garbage bin clearing in most of the Municipalities is being monitored manually by the sanitary supervisors/inspectors and reports. The manual reporting and analysis consumes lot of time and is not available for public access. To avoid this process, VOMS is developed.
The proposed application removes all boundaries of manual garbage bin reporting system and also makes all complex tasks easy. Garbage bin status will be identified and immediate actions are initiated for emptying bins by Municipal Corporation. Along with, following facilities make this application more effective and fully-featured.
- VOMS gives a help hand for government Municipal agencies by permitting public access to the application.
- The application looks rich, possess an elegant interface and completely user-friendly.
- VOMS mobile application is accessible for mobile users.
- Interactive interface allows users to upload images of bins into application.
- Bin identification is done using geographical systems embedded in application.
- Attendance of Municipal department staff also can be tracked in an easier way.